03 January 2006

Happy New Year

At last, a chance to say "So long" to 2005 and "Welcome" to another year. Last year featured a bunch of stuff that needed to be put behind me once and for all. Suffice it to say that this year at least holds the promise of bigger and better things. In 2005 it seemed the year got off to a brutal start and went downhill.

Last night there was a show on TLC about a woman who lived life without any legs. As I watched how she coped with her Alzheimer's-stricken father and retarded brother, I felt ashamed how I cope with the little stumbles that come my way. She wasn't an optimistic person, necessarily. But her attitude about dealing with the hand that you're dealt was inspiring.

Maybe during 2006, when I feel buffeted by the bad stuff that inevitably will come this way, I'll reflect on her approach to life. I doubt I could "walk" on my hands. But you never know what can be accomplished, once you put your mind to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home